About the Park District
The Addison Park District was formed in 1969. It grew out of the prior Village of Addison Recreation Commission. When the district was formed, a number of parks were immediately deeded to the park district. These eight original parks consisted of approximately 50 acres. The district currently has 25 park sites encompassing more than 290 acres. The park district consists of nine square miles and serves a population of approximately 37,000. It employs 28 full-time, 15 part-time and over 250 seasonal staff members.
The district has two major community parks, Community Park on the east side of Addison and Centennial Park on the west side of town. Centennial Park houses Northeast DuPage Special Recreation Association (NEDSRA) and a state-of-the-art fitness facility, Club Fitness. Both of these sites have community centers with a gym, meeting rooms, and activity rooms. Community Park hosts the Family Aquatic Center outdoor pool as well as the Active Adult senior leisure center. Additionally, the Park District co-owns a gymnasium with Elementary School District #4 at Army Trail School. The Links & Tees Golf Facility on Lake Street features an outdoor practice range, 9 hole golf course, Putter’s Peak adventure mini-golf course, and an indoor golf dome.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK...
The Addison Park District welcomes input from its residents. If you have any comments or suggestions about this website, our parks, facilities, services, programs or events, please share it with us by clicking here!
The Park District is governed by an elected board of five commissioners who serve six year staggered terms. The Board of Commissioners formulates and approves basic policy for the operating control, improvement and planning; future and present, of the park and recreation facilities and activities within the park district. It is the responsibility of the Director and the Administrative staff to carry out these policies and manage the day to day operations of the district.
Our Mission Statement
The Addison Park District mission is to provide the community recreation opportunities through quality recreation programs, facilities and open space.
Our Core Values
- Excellence and Innovation
- Teamwork and Partnership
- Fiscally Responsible
- Community Enrichment
- Relevance to the Community
- Embrace Diversity and Provide Accessibility
- Visionary Leadership and Environmental Stewards
- Providing fun and healthy lifestyles opportunities within a safe environment
In an effort to fulfill the mission of the Addison Park District; to provide the highest quality recreational opportunities and open space for everyone, the Park District has established the following goals. Each goal will be attained through a set of realistic objectives.
- Develop and maintain recreational facilities and park areas to meet the present and future demands of the Addison Park District.
- Provide excellent recreational programs/ services and customer support that will enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the Addison Park District.
- Provide staff with a working environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
- Effectivily administer the revenues and expenditures of the Addison Park District to maximize programs, facilitiesand parks.
- Develop and administerdistrict- wide marketing initiatives that will enhance participation and revenue.
- Effectively administerenvironmental policies/programs to expand open space and conserve natural resource areas for present and future populations of the Addison Park District.
Key Addison Park District personnel and their email addresses, main phone numbers, etc.
Addison Park District Facility Contact Info
Links & Tees Golf Facility
Parks & Planning Department
Army Trail School Gym
Character Counts in AddisonWhat does the statement Character Counts mean? Character Counts is a nationally recognized program that structures character education around six pillars of character:
• Trustworthiness • Respect • Responsibility
• Fairness • Caring • Citizenship
This program promotes a united effort on the part of all agencies to provide children with the same message. Each day we are bombarded with negative images in the news and media. Addison, as well as other communities, are trying to bring back the positives. Character Counts is a program that helps children and adults focus on building and becoming good citizens.
Addison Park District incorporates the six pillars of Character Counts into all our programs. Instructors learn the program and in turn incorporate the pillars into their instruction.
Teamwork and sportsmanship are the keys to a good team, not only in sports, but in life. This is why the Addison Park District has joined the Village of Addison, District #4, District #88, the Police Department, the Library and so many others to bring this positive program to the residents of Addison and everyone we serve.