Come Plant With Us!
If you love garden-fresh produce but lack the space to plant a garden, then come plant with us!
- 10′ x 10′ plots are available in Old Mill Park, 500 W. Byron Ave.
- The annual garden season is: May 1 – October 15
- Daily garden hours are from dawn – dusk
- Addison Park District will till the soil before the gardening season begins
- Addison Park District will provide water for gardening in the park
- Gardeners must bring their own watering can for watering
The 2017 annual fee per garden plot is $25R/$35 NR (limit 2 per household). All of our garden plots have sold for 2017. If you are interested in gardening with us next summer, please contact us in February.
Applications will be accepted in person on a first-come-first-served basis starting February 1, 2018, at Community Rec Center, 120 E. Oak St.
Community Gardeners are asked to follow the guidelines below…
- Plant my garden before June 1 and will keep it maintained until harvest time.
- Refrain from putting up any fencing around the perimeter of my garden plot.
- Plant tall crops where they will not shade neighboring plots.
- Ensure that any rambling crops in my garden remain within the border of my plot.
- Maintain a healthy garden by using only organic substances and amendments.
- Visit the garden only between the hours of dawn and dusk.
Remove everything from my plot by Oct. 15 (stakes, poles, remaining plants).
For more information, please call (630) 233-7275, option 2.