Active Adult Coordinator
Type of Employment
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation and Revenue Facilities, the
Active Adult Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, evaluating and supervising programs,
events, classes, and seminars for the Active Adult population (55 and better) and Senior Club for the
Addison Park District. The employee is accountable for the profit and loss of Active Adult programs.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Employee must plan, organize, implement and oversee all Active Adult programming, trips and
special events to meet the changing needs of the Active Adult community.
• Employee must work with the Village of Addison’s Senior Commission, attend meetings and
coordinate the implementation of eight to ten (8–10) Senior Events/Parties that are partially funded
and supported through the Village of Addison’s Senior Commission.
• Employee must be oversee the Senior Club by planning activities, coordinating meetings, implement and manage the membership data base and assist with the development, implementation and
direction of the Senior Club Membership while adhering to the group’s mission.
• Employee must oversee, coordinate, train, evaluate and coach staff and volunteers for Active Adult
programs, activities and events.
• Employee must prepare accurate program and facility information on Active Adults programs, trips
and events for seasonal brochures and other miscellaneous marketing information.
• Employee must prepare and write content for the Senior Highlights Active Adults Newsletter.
• Employee must prepare department reports, board summaries, monthly reports, and periodic special
reports, as needed.
• Employee must analyze data to recommend fee structures, funding opportunities, operational
policies, growth targets, programs and service offerings.
• Employee must organize, prepare, present and manage any and all financials and budgets items
pertaining to the Senior Fund and Active Adult services/programs in the Recreation budget.
• Employee must order all necessary supplies for all Active Adult programs and services.
• Employee must maintain and foster excellent customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction
and feedback on programming.
• Employee must promote, organize and maintain great relationships with staff, patrons, community,
community leaders, other agencies and interest groups serving the area.
• Employee must perform all duties and functions in accordance with the Addison Park District’s
Mission, Vision and Core Values to provide quality leisure services for all residents.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
• Employee must have the initiative, persistence, creativity and the ability to inspire the best in others
(employees and patrons).
• Employee must proactively work with the Marketing Department to promote programs and services.
• Employee must have the capacity to utilize effective time management skills and be able to work
under the stress of multiple deadlines, requests from others and interruptions, with accuracy.
• Employee must have the ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relations with
both internal and external customers and other units of local government.
• Employee must have the ability to communicate effectively within various settings, from one-on-one
to group configurations.
• Employee may attend two or three trips per year, only as needed.
• Employee may serve on various district committees, as needed.
• Employee must complete all other duties as assigned.
• Employee must have an associate’s degree or CPRP. Preference given to candidate with a
Bachelor’s Degree in Parks and Recreation or closely related field to adult/human development,
active adult programming, etc. Combination of education and/or experience which provides the
required knowledge, skills and abilities will also be considered.
• Employee must have a minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Employee must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel
and the internet for research.
• Employee must Demonstrated ability and thorough knowledge of program planning for active adults.
• Employee must be First Aid, Adult CPR/AED certified or the ability to obtain within 6 months (District
• Employee must have a valid Driver’s License.
Range based on Qualifications
Monday – Thursday 9am- 3pm and Friday 9am- 2 pm.
Community Recreation Center, 120 E Oak Street, Addison, IL 60101
Name: Leslie DeMoss
Title: Superintendent of Rec & Revenue Facilities
Phone: 630-233-7275 ext 6212