Type of Employment
The Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for operation of the Club Fitness Aquatic Center related swim lessons and Aquatics programs to meet the needs of the community. Accountable for profit and loss of designated area.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supervise the delivery of aquatics programs and swim lessons
- Direct supervision of aquatics personnel; both district employees, independent contractors and volunteers
- Prepare cost analysis budgeting of programs, activities
- Prepare reports, statistics, and evaluations of aquatics programs
- Assist with emergency procedures and building evacuation
- Lead and/or teach various fitness aquatic activities
- Implement and supervise purchasing in accordance with district policies and procedures maintaining adequate inventory for program operation
- Monitor program participation and take corrective action steps for both low enrollment and waiting lists
- Monitor financial results reporting any deviations
- Evaluate staffing needs (including recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluation)
- Assist in interpreting resident needs and delivering programs and services to meet those needs
- Promote, organize and stimulate good relationships with community and other interest groups and with other agencies serving the area
- Prepare accurate and appropriate program and facility information for seasonal brochures and other miscellaneous public information
- Have consistent staff meetings with aquatics instructors
- Perform other duties and functions as directed
- Work closely with the marketing department on promotions for Aquatics programs
- Run all aquatics in-service trainings and certification courses
Previous experience working in an aquatic setting. Starfish Aquatic Instructor Certification required or must have the ability to attain. AFO certification preferred. Knowledge of aquatic programming for youth, teens and adults. Previous experience managing an aquatic facility and aquatic programs. Ability to train lifeguards and swim instructors. Ability to hire, train and supervise staff to result in quality programs and customer service. Ability to work effectively with volunteers, full-time, part-time and administrative staff to reach the goals of the District. Knowledge of budget formats, and the ability to comprehend and determine these budgets for aquatics. Possess of a valid driver’s license. First Aid, CPR, and AED certified.
All year round.
The Aquatics Coordinators schedule is generally Monday through Friday with varying hours. Weekends and evenings are necessary to produce exceptional results. It is essential to be regularly available during standard business hours to meet with staff, vendors and other businesses and government agencies.
Name: Waseem Khan
Title: IT Manager