Type of Employment
Camp Coordinator is responsible for delivery of the Addison Park District Summer Day Camp programs of Tiny Tots, Sports, Kids, and Adventure Camp
Responsibilities & Duties
- Overall planning of the summer Day Camp Program
- Assist with field trips to various locations.
- Drive children in park district vehicle to field trips/aquatic facility
- Responsible for practical operation of entire Summer Day Camp Program.
- Assist with Before & After Care as needed
- Hires all counselors and Jr. Counselors alongside the Youth and Leisure Supervisor and assigns counselors to designated groups.
- Keeps staff informed of weekly activities and procedures.
- Prepares all forms necessary to operate the program and distributes to staff. Submits all paperwork and forms to the Youth and Leisure Supervisor as requested.
- Keeps written records on all facets of the Day Camp Program and submits them to the Youth and Leisure Supervisor
- Inventories, inspects, and issues all equipment and keeps items in working order.
- Reports all damaged or lost equipment to the Youth and Leisure Supervisor
- Responsible for ordering supplies when necessary.
- Conducts all staff meetings.
- Keeps Youth and Leisure Supervisor informed on all matters related to personnel, programs, and other important matters.
- Maintains good relations with the community and staff.
- Is responsible for motivation of staff.
- Must be able to fairly evaluate staff.
- The Day Camp Coordinator is responsible for planning and arranging the following:
- Verifying all field trips and transportation
- Assorted craft supplies
- Inventory of equipment/supplies
- Swimming days and permission slips
- First Aid Kits and Supplies
- Must perform assigned tasks in a safe manor and follow safety policies and procedures.
Must have current First Aid, CPR and AED certification or willing to acquire certification before the first day of work. Applicant must be 18 years or older. High school diploma. 1 to 2 years of previous experience with day camp, tot, youth programming. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, supervise and lead day camp activities, programs and field trips.
Seasonal (Part-Time) Summer
30 hours plus
Community Recreation Center, 120 E Oak Street, Addison, IL 60101
Name: David MacDonald
Title: Youth and Leisure Supervisor