Parks Administrative Assistant
Type of Employment
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of Parks & Planning, the Parks Administrative Assistant serves as support to the Superintendent of Parks and Planning and the Parks Department with their day-to-day operations. The work schedule is Monday through Friday. Specific hours are negotiable upon hire and can range from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., not to exceed 19 hours per week.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in general office and administrative capacities as
- Assists in answering telephones, refers calls and provides information regarding services.
- Responsible for memos, correspondence and information as necessary.
- Operates business/office machinery observing all safety regulations specific to
- Process mail, both incoming including distribution and outgoing via US mail, Fed Ex, or
- Prepare and disseminate required communication, reports, research and financial reports.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office supplies and attend to repair of office
- Perform department-level Human Resource functions, assisting with new-hire forms and
- Set up and maintain various filing systems.
- Establishes and maintains a good and positive working relationship with staff, other department, patrons, the community and other agencies serving the
- Serve on various District c
- Support the department-level budget process.
- Responsible for processing the department’s payroll.
- Ability to communicate effectively within various settings, from one-on-one to small group configurations.
- Capacity to maintain self-control and composure in difficult
- Be familiar with, interpret and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, Personnel Policy Manual and Safety
- Assist with creating department level operation manuals and keeping them up-to-date.
- Capacity to utilize effective time management skills and be able to work under the stress of multiple deadlines, requests from others and interruptions, with
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relations with both internal and external
- Assist with and/or attend District special
- Ability to cooperate with and interpret Park District philosophies in relation to governmental, public and private groups, outside agencies and the general
- Work with schools, sports leagues and other organizations for day-to-day operations and special
- Maintains a working knowledge of all general and department-specific safety
- Immediately reports all accidents and unsafe conditions (i.e., hazards) to the
- Cooperates and assists in the investigation of accidents.
- Attends all required safety program and in-service training
- Treats public complaints and concerns with the utmost attention, is courteous in all
- Pays strict attention to housekeeping of work area(s) and general
- Perform all other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff.
- Must be able to follow directions and communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must develop and maintain knowledge of District programs in order to assist in creating effective project management and/or work plan for the department.
- Must be able to work independently in day-to-day operations with general direction of the Superintendent of Parks & Planning.
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere, while promoting the Park District’s mission statement, vision and core values.
- Must have the ability to recognize priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to receive constructive criticism and/or supervision.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Must possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals and objectives.
$12/hour + DOQ
19 hours week
414 W. Fullerton Ave
Name: Ray Chaussey
Title: Superintendent of Parks & Planning