Community Rec Center Overview
Serving as Addison Park District’s administrative headquarters, Addison Park District’s Community Center, located at 120 E. Oak Street, is a multi-purpose recreational complex which also offers:
- Active Adults / Senior Center
- Indoor Pickleball (September – March ) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am-noon, and on Saturdays, noon – 3 p.m. ($5 walk-in fee/$3 for Seniors, 10-Punch card: $10R/$20NR. Purchase a Pickleball season pass for $75.)
Community Rec Center
The Community Rec Center hosts a variety of Addison Park District recreational programs and activities. This handicap accessible facility features a 10,640 square foot gymnasium, which includes a regulation-size basketball court with adjoining locker rooms. Depending upon the program, the gymnasium can also be divided into two smaller basketball courts or two volleyball courts. In addition to the gymnasium, the Community Rec Center also features a range of multi-purpose rooms for various recreational programs, including:
- 1 dividable multi-purpose room, with tile floor and kitchen access (Max Capacity 175)
- Room A: 1,053 sq. ft. room – capacity 50 people
- Room B: 1,677 sq. ft. room Kitchen Access – capacity 50 people
- Room C: 928 sq. ft. room – capacity 40 People
- 450 sq. ft. Kitchen with gas oven/stove top, microwave, refrigerator/freezer unit
- 820 sq. ft. multi-purpose/Craft Room with two sinks, counter space, & tile floor – capacity 35 people
- 2,080 sq. ft. multi-purpose Senior Center room carpeted with kitchen access capacity 130 people
- When rooms A, B and C are combined with our multi-purpose Senior Center, groups of up to 300 can be accommodated comfortably.
Mon – Fri: 9 AM – 5 PM
Sat – Sun: CLOSED
Closed on Holidays, the Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Community Rec Center is a wheelchair accessible facility.
Community Park is a 50-acre multi-purpose outdoor facility, host to many outdoor programs and activities. Amenities include: 50 acres of open space, two playgrounds, lighted baseball fields, picnic area, bocce court, horseshoe area, shuffleboard, outdoor fitness equipment, walking paths, 1/2 court basketball area, soccer fields, Child Care shelter, sand volley ball court and sledding hill (during the winter.)