Addison Park District Preschool Program
Registration for 2020-2021 season is open. Open House is August 19th, 5-7 pm. Please register in advance or view the virtual tour.
Discover what our preschool has to offer at one of our Preschool Open Houses held twice per year at Centennial Recreation Center. Bring your little one with you to meet the teachers, learn about our curriculum, see the rooms, and have your preschool-age child experience a little of what our program offers. Preschool registration for 2020 – 2021 is open. For the current flyer, click HERE.
- Preschool Parent Manual
- Yearly Calendar- 2 Days Per Week
- Yearly Calendar- 3 Days Per Week
- Information Sheet
- Preschool Frequently Asked Questions
- Preschool Supply List
- Inhaler/Auto-Injector Form
- Dispense of Medication Waiver
2 ½ – 3 Old Preschool
This program provides an opportunity for 2 ½ – 3-year-olds to enhance their social, physical and creative development. 2 ½ – 3-year-old preschoolers will be introduced to letters and number association, as well as learning about the calendar and the seasons. There is also a strong emphasis on the development of socialization skills and becoming comfortable in a classroom environment. Fine motor skills and listening skills will continue to progress in this class through crafts and songs. Children must be 2 ½ years old on or before September 1, 2020, with a birth date on or before March 1, 2018. Pull-ups™ are allowed.
3-Year Old Preschool
Children will grow socially and emotionally through creative art, activities, songs and cooperation. 3-year-old preschool emphasizes color recognition, shapes, letters, numbers, social play, the calendar, weather, days of the week and physical coordination. Children must be 3 years old on or before September 1, 2020. Pull-ups™ are allowed.
4-Year Old Preschool
Prepare your child for kindergarten! Emphasis is on positive self-images and preparation for future learning. Structured and unstructured activities will prepare your child socially, emotionally and physically. Children will begin writing their names and learning letter sounds. Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020. Children must be potty trained.
The Preschool Enrichment Programs offered by the Addison Park District are an opportunity to extend a learning day for children enrolled in the park district preschool classes. Throughout the school year, the programs will reinforce and enrich subjects the children are learning during their preschool classes. This is an opportunity to extend the preschool experience by over an hour to 12:30 P.M. In order to extend your child’s day you must enroll in both the enrichment program as well as the “Snack & Stay Option.” Please see seasonal park district brochure for upcoming enrichment programs.
Behavior Guideline Expectations
- Keep hands and feet to self
- Talk to others with respect
- Listen attentively when spoken to
- Treat all park district materials and property with care
- Be safe while having fun!
- When a child has trouble following the expectations of the camp, park district staff will verbally request that the behavior be discontinued. If it continues, staff will remove child for quiet time. If child continues behavior continues then the behavior/misconduct form(first offense) is filled out by staff and parents are notified.
- If a child has difficulty following camp expectations on a daily basis, a parent will be contacted. If necessary a conference will parent, child, and program staff will be requested. Behavior/misconduct form will be filled out again for second offense.
- If a child continues to have trouble following the camp’s expectations and the above procedures have been followed, a parent will be contacted and immediately request to remove child from the program. Behavior/misconduct form filled out for third offense. Parent conference will be requested.
In extreme cases of unacceptable behavior that is physically threatening to other participants or staff, the park district reserves the right to immediately remove participant from program. There will be Zero Tolerance policy if there are any verbal threats or actions toward physical well-being of other campers and staff. This behavior will result in immediate dismissal of the camper. *No refunds will be issued if your child is removed from the program for disciplinary reasons.*
Please see the camp download/forms section for paperwork that needs to be filled out at time of registration.
Centennial Rec Center
1776 W. Centennial Place
Addison, IL 60101
Phone: (630) 233-7275, option 3
Centennial Rec Center is a wheelchair accessible facility.